Thursday 5 November 2015

“I bobbed a Curtsy to Almighty, That Day!” – II

My eyes glued to the last part. I hardly know her. All we had was 5-6 Facebook messages. I thought it to be prank, maybe not. So I went to nearby café. There were 25 messages with the same sender; Bommana. Firstly, it’s the oddest name I have ever heard. Secondly, she acts completely odd to me, weird.

I just typed my number and logged out. I had my classes. They were boring. They lacked my presence.

My phone beeped at quarter to midnight, the fortnight. I was almost in dreams. An unknown number flashed on screen. It beeped again.

“Why is its so hard to contact you?” A female voice other side.

“As I want it; peace.” I replied. I realized it was her. She had a glaze in her voice, sweet and smooth.

“Who are you?” I questioned. I wanted to be sure. Her voice didn’t match to any of my girl-friends. Though they were less in numbers. Two.

“Bommana, stupid”

“You call it a name?”

“Mind it.” She said in anger. It was longest telephonic conversation since months. We decided to meet the next evening. I started liking her way of approach and the way she spoke. That was reason I want to meet her. I had not much to do, than to sleep.

“Where the hell are you?” I shouted loud on phone. I had been waiting for last 20 minutes. I was at McDonald having my French fries, yummy.

“Coming, baba…” She responded and cut the phone instantly.

I had never seen her before. May be she’s hot? Or maybe not. That least mattered, the things was what made her do this? To me. I was puzzled sitting there.

“Coffee?” Someone said, tapping my shoulder. It was smooth, voice and hand. I turned back. And I was in hold of shock, trauma, nervousness, anger, and happiness. Altogether. I had just witnessed a miracle. She was Kavita. Yes, it was her dressed adorably, smiling. I just had a stroke. I was looking at her blankly. She had grown older, bolder and beautiful. She still had braces on her teeth, I always found them cute.

“You want it?” She asked again.

“Ya sure.” I said smiling stupidly. Gosh! She is here. She sat there, facing me. Two years later, we meet but I had nothing to ask. I have always thought what it will be like, meeting her.

“I just loved it.” I preached, having a sip.

“Ya, this coffee is awesome.” She said.

“The surprise.” I said, making it clear.

“Huh? You had almost ruined it.” She yelled, beaming at me.

“I was planning more with my ID. And you acted like a jerk.” She said shifting her loose hair at a place, down the shoulder.

“What made you keep a weird name?”

“That’s my initial, Vivu. And I love being mysterious.”

“You mean B. Kavita is Bommana Kavita.” I said with my mouth open. I always asked for her full name but she never let me know. Now I understood why.

“I get my joy in making other smile, blush and ponder. That what I try to live for.” She had that feeling. And that what inspires me. And I need it.

She explained me that her dad got his job transferred to Jamesdpur. She tried best to contact but was left with writing a letter. She had lost all contacts with others too. She hated social networking but was forced to join to reach me.

“Later, I had a talk with your mother once. She explained me what kind of dumb you have become. So, I planned it all.” She ended up revealing the evil plan, master piece.

It was five in the evening. Sun was turning orange, like a real juicy fruit. It was Friday. Ah! Nothing special besides this meeting I had.

“Let’s go. Just come with me.” She ordered.

I followed her. After a brief walk, we reached a nearby temple. This time I had the joy of my life, Kavita.



“Come inside!” She said. I followed. I was happy and I wanted to thank GOD for giving me back my friend.

All I wanted to do is Bow to Him, with realization of His greatness. That was the greatest feeling I'd  ever had an encounter with.


Vivek K. Tiwari
Y15 Undergraduate, The LNMIIT

PS: Liked his work? Check out these too!
Learner's Blog- Facebook | Wordpress

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, LC. Reviews Needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously nice and interesting one brother ! But i think you need to describe the girl more and with a lot beautiful words ! Well rest was a good .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Its a friendship story. But will keep that in Mind.

      Delete