Wednesday 12 September 2012

BECAUSE WINNERS DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY!




Walking on the beach in the twilight has been my favorite pass time. The sun sinks,leaving a splash of colour and light in the sky and I dip myself in my own thoughts. However such introspection sometimes saddens me as once, I was overshadowed by the feeling of emptiness. All my glory and pride that I reckoned on disappeared like a mirage. Some achievements tend to loose their greatness, when you see million others in the vicinity replicate the same. As I walked alone, constantly being struck by the waves of abominable lull, it pricked me with the question, what have I truly earned, How am I different than the rest?

The last time when I witnessed the debate event in our college, I realized how oblivious I was to the stiff competition. All the painstaking efforts that the speakers had taken, was reflected by their valiant efforts and the active participation. One was better than the other and each speaker took its standard to a new level. Their tenacity eclipsed me as I was demurred and my image as an LC member was put on shaky grounds. If I were a participant, my speech would have been akin to theirs, then how do I prove to be worthier than the rest? The need of hour was to call for the creativity within me, to accentuate my skills so that I stand apart. And this would imply to everyone else.

Today, the value of uniqueness is sky high. Present generation demands innovation and individuality and that is the right approach to victory. One of its example I would like to highlight which my fellow batch mates can definitely relate to. We all had gone through the dark nights of hardship, slogging and toiling over books for long hours. Battling with the vexed questions of IITJEE, we were all a fish out of water. But the ones who stood out in the crowd hardly had to sweat anything out. No topper makes  his way by mugging up solutions, they all have their own secret strategies which are different in their own ways. Burning the midnight oil and then going for exam with baggy eyes don't work out any more. 


A calculated and well constructed plan would help and also spare out the need of sabotaging our friends. And all isn't over yet. Four years later, we all will be running the same rat race of which we were a part a few months ago. Companies will be buzzing here till Sunday, sucking out the best nectar from our country. There are thousand colleges, and hence a million students graduating every year. But only a handful of companies come up with quality jobs. A mere degree will do no good. 

What recruiters look for is a work experience or something that we call as internship. Involvement in some big event, or any extra curricular activity is also a criteria they consider. An additional course pursued by some noted foreign university would do as an extra bonus and there will be million other ways we can think of. 

Success or recognition is never a case of serendipity. It is attained by remorseless and sincere efforts. To make things easier, one can be intelligent enough to look out for something where he is better than the other. Failure is just a state of mind. Its all up to us, whether we want to wallow in self pity and accept it with resignation or extricate out and start building up our future.

Ist Year Student, The LNMIIT

No comments:

Post a Comment