Tuesday 4 September 2012

LNMIIT Bus ka 'Suffer'




It was 4:30 p.m. The weather was clear and the ambience was calm. But the arrival of the institution's bus created a kind of agitation among the students. Caught in a mad frenzy to grab a seat people were pulling, pushing and yelling at each other. As usual 'Kursi ki ladaai' thi. Everyone wanted a seat by hook or by crook. I was automatically drifted to the doors of the bus by the violent tides of people. After much of hard work when I finally managed to get in(momentarily being proud of my achievement) the view inside was not very welcoming. The seats were all occupied. I thought I would stand throughout the way but then the driver started "Overload ho gai h, bus to nai jaegi". Then I thought I would manage to adjust with someone, maybe three on one seat. But then came the verdict from my all-respectable seniors "First year wale utar jao". I felt offended.

In ordinary days may be they have classes to attend but hey that was festival time that meant no such thing. Then why we had to get down the bus?? I would have digested this unjust behavior had it occurred to me once. But I have been (and most of the first yearites have been) the victim of the same, the very same crime (yes its a crime because India is a democratic country) at least three times since I got into the college.
One has to be there at the campus gates at least half an hour before the scheduled time in order to grab a seat which is vulnerable to be snatched away from you even five minutes before he bus starts by a senior who is always in a hurry, who has got classes to attend and who is always getting late.

If a bag is lying on a seat and the bag belongs to a senior the seat is 'Reserved' for them. On the Contrary if it belongs to a first yearite "Excuse me this is not allowed".
Then one has to deal with the mood swings of the driver. Sometimes he won’t allow people to stand in the bus or has problem with even three people sitting on one bench. But when I am not into any of this category he is fine with it. How come the space for them is miraculously created during the way??

The scarcity of buses definitely leads to all the confusion and chaos. We just wish that traveling through the bus become a better experience for each on of us.A little cooperation between the students would for sure help. Criticism wont help, solutions will. Sometimes due to all these fights for seats some important tasks remain undone and incomplete. The institute provides this wonderful facility for us to avail. We must make the most of it by using it a little more peacefully and providing equal opportunities to all for its use.

(sketch by Vipin Toshniwal)

No comments:

Post a Comment